Friday, May 16, 2003

The New York Times reviewer calls up refercences to Achilles, in discussing the soon to be released HULK movie. A powerful, yet tragic and ultimately doomed hero. Numerous other reviewers call up all sorts of biblical references (both Old & new testament) when talking about MATRIX RELOADED. Can we just have somebody talk about a film on it's cinematic merits, or lack thereof?

It reminds me of the several classes on 'cinema' I took as an Undergrad. I loved going to the movies themselves, but found the mandatory dissection of each one later to be almost painful.

Sometimes you sit around for a few weeks, never really doing anything. Suddenly you feel like a real 'social butterfly.'

This weekend, while Donna heads into Brooklyn to be with her daughter and family, for a bridal shower, I'm heading off to Naugatuck, CT for a beer festival, with my best friend (and a guy I've know since we were in sixth grade together), Gerry. Naturally, I also get an invite from my ex (Hey, Elayne!) to hit our old favorite street fair in Manhattan. Back when we were together I don't think we ever missed the annual Ninth Ave. Food Festival. Hell, if I remember right we actually went both days one year. :-)

I'll fill you in on the beer fest on Monday, but if you are into homebrewing or just like to try something different in beer, you might want to try the Brewing News site. Links to information and events that any beer lover will be happy to Bookmark.

No comments: