Monday, August 15, 2005

Well the heat here in New York has apparently broken, at least for the time being. It's still a tad too humid for my taste, but I can live with it. The hotter than normal days have been replaced with a forecast calling for showers & thunder showers for the rest of the week, with more 'seasonable' temps. Fingers crossed!

Donna and I didn't accomplish a whole heck of a lot this weekend, but did spend some time with friends. Visited our friend Bella in the hospital and then went out to dinner with Donna's best friend, Frances. Actually got out last evening, when the temps fell a bit, and threw some hotdogs on the barbecue. I think I'm really getting the hang of not burning everything.

It continues to amaze me how upset the right-wing is over the anger and grief of a mother who lost her son in Iraq. Heard that somebody actually fired off a shotgun and then laughed it off when confronted. "That's the way we are in Texas." or some such thing like that was his response. Just a good ol' boy, like G.W. down the road!

No comments: