Sunday, June 26, 2005

Just wanted to express my condolences to the family, friends and many fans of Paul Winchell, among the last I certainly consider myself. I was catching up on my blog reading this morning and caught Mark Evanier's comments on his death.

I fondly recall sitting around as a kid watching Winchell and his wooden friends, Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smiff. He really did make you forget what a great ventriloquist he was since Jerry & Knucklehead seemed almost alive and separate individuals. later you seemed to hear Winchell's voice on literally hundreds of cartoons (probably best known as the voice of Tigger in the Winnie the Pooh features & shorts) and commercials (he did the voice of the Scrubbing Bubbles for years, as I recall). I also remember seeing him on a handful of shows in the 1960s(Perry Mason, for instance) demonstrating that he was also a versatile actor.

Farewell to a truly gifted man!

No comments: