Friday, March 04, 2005

Well, Martha Stewart is out of prison and under house arrest (or mansion arrest, in her case). Like the folks over at Air America, I'm not sure how I should feel about the whole thing. Personally, I don't think she did anything overly horrible, but rather stupid. Trying to stonewall the feds did more harm in the long run than fessing up and paying a ridiculously small fine. I think her fame and persona did her in.

I remember when I was living in Westport, CT that Ms. Stewart did not have a good reputation with some folks in the community. Never dealing with her myself I couldn't say if the rumors of her stiffing folks for work done had any truth or not.

I'm not a fan myself, but she is admired by many people and millions use her products even after all the bad publicity. I think she'll bounce back from all this, with a few books, a Barbara Walters/Larry King interview or two and her new 'reality show' of course. She'll be just fine, I'm sure. :-)

No comments: