Thursday, March 03, 2005

Meant to say something yesterday, but I'm temporarily assigned to another branch and spent a good part of the day learning my way around. We open up late today, so I thought I'd take a few minutes during my break.

I had never seen NYPD BLUE until I started dating Donna back in '99. She was a fan of that and ER, another show which I'd never seen on a regular basis. At least with ER, I'd had a chance to catch the pilot, which I had to review for the old Joe Bob Briggs print newsletter. I didn't know a lot of the back story for either show, but reruns and Donna got me up to speed enough to begin enjoying both.

Once we got Court TV on our cable system in Connecticut, we started watching the past seasons of BLUE every night, plus occasional 'marathons' on the weekend or holidays. It wasn't hard to become addicted to the show.

I glad we caught the final episode, even though we'd gotten out of the BLUE habit the past couple of seasons. We've begun watching other things and BLUE fell off our regular viewing schedule. I think they ended the show on a good note, leaving the team together, allowing for any future reunions or one-shot movies.

Dennis Franz, as Det. Andy Sipowicz has become a classic TV character. Franz is a under rated actor and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here.

No comments: