Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Well, I had planned on doing a light-hearted commentary on my Labor Day weekend. Talking about the wedding I went to, the minor disasters what with the carsick bridesmaids, fainting Maid of Honor (who also happened to be the bride's sister) and the other brides maid being stung by a bee while having photos taken in the park. But things got out of hand yesterday..... *sigh*

In a not too rare attack of real stupidity on my part I thought that I could go through what appeared to ME to be a puddle under the railroad bridge. Putting aside that I was using a different route because the railroad bridge over my usual route was inpassible due to flooding. (We see where this is going, right?) I found myself suddenly surrounded by over three and a half feet of rising water and my car decided to stall. Not that I blame it, mind you!

Long story short, the tow truck driver and cop had a good laugh, and I'm am without a car. The garage mechanic and insurance agent both agree that the car is probably totalled.

No comments: