Monday, September 15, 2003

So, did I miss anything? :-)

I plan on doing a complete cruise/vacation report in the next day or so, but basically Donna and I had a great time. We pretty much returned whole and while both us suffered a bit of physical discomfort from stupidly playing in the surf, we are still safe and mostly sound.

I was sorry to hear about the deaths of both Johnny Cash and John Ritter while we were gone.

While not a major fan of cash, I did enjoy much of his music and certainly admired the impact he had on country music and American music in general. He was an influence on many singers who followed him and dozens of his songs will remain classics for years to come.

I actually the opportunity to see John Ritter in person back in the early 1980s. Believe it or not he was touring in the Tennessee Williams play "Battle of Angels", which performed in the playhouse in Westport, CT. A friend had season tickets to the theatre and when her usual companion couldn't attend she offered me the extra. It was strange seeing Ritter in a very, serious role, since everyone knew him from his role as Jack in THREE'S COMPANY. He was actually pretty good, but sadly that couldn't be said for his leading lady (his first wife Nancy Morgan, if I remember right), so the play suffered.

He was, for me, the ONLY reason to watch TC, although Don Knotts was fun when he joined the cast in later seasons.

That's it for me now!

No comments: