Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Once again the Republicans have demonstrated their fear of having to go on record "For or Against" a measure to bring our troops home. What is it about a straight 'up or down' vote that scares them?
My guess would be that if things continue to go bad into next year (which seems highly likely) GOP incumbents can distance themselves from the Prez claiming they would have voted to end this whole thing but weren't allowed to, or some such crap. Meanwhile, every week we have more of our uniformed men & women being killed, wounded and maimed. Way to support them!

Anyway, a check over at TPM, Politico or any of the other news/political sites over will bring you to much more reasoned and better written commentary than I could attempt here.

FYI: I've been posting much more frequently over at SHOT'S SHACK than I have here, so I invite folks who want to see what I've been reading and watching lately to check out my other blog. You'll also find links to sites dealing with film, comics, movies and other time-wasting topics.

No comments: