Saturday, January 13, 2007

Donna and I have been battling colds the last couple of weeks, but we both seem to have recovered. Donna may have picked it up initially from Kristina and then passed it along to me, although our symptoms were a bit different. Fortunately, both of us have had out flu shots so it didn't get to be as bad as it could have.

I've also been training at the Mission Viejo library out here, along with the on-call position with Orange County. Over the next few weeks I'll be working in both systems, plus dropping by SCIT to continue cataloging the library collection. Finally, I have an interview coming up this week for another full-time position. I'd like to think that by early February Donna and I will both be situated in permanent positions.

If you're keeping track on the Weather Channel, you'll have noticed that the OC is going through a bit of a cold spell. Actually had to wear jackets the last few days and snow is visible in the highest peaks. Big story is naturally the damage being done to the citrus groves. Appears millions of dollars (if not more) in damage is already being caused by overnight frost on the trees.

On the political front, I wonder what my friends back in Connecticut (who decided to vote for Joe Leiberman, because "he really has been a good Senator") are thinking now. Scary to think he could throw control of the Senate to the Republicans at any time. He will, no doubt, use this to keep any Democratic movement towards stopping the war from gaining ground. I think we can also imagine a McCain/Leiberman ticket in '08 as a distinct possibility.

No comments: