Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Nothing really to report on the job front, although I've been sending out lots of resumes. I have one interview this afternoon in Laguna Niguel, about which I'm nervous. I'll try to tell you how that goes as soon as I know.

We just got out internet hook up yesterday, so I hope to be posting a bit more often. It will also be nice to check on e-mail and the classifieds without going down the hall to the 'library.'

It is kind of cool to be sitting here at the computer looking out over the patio and viewing the arroyo. Early in the morning, before the fog burns off you can't even see across (about a mile) to the other homes facing us. At night you can only see a few house lights burning and nothing in between. It's easy to imagine at those times what this area must have been like a hundred years ago, with only ranches and open range. The arroyo narrows here, but looking south you can see miles of open & uninhabited country (not counting the power lines & repair roads, of course).

Donna and I have been busy unpacking and putting stuff away, so there are only a few boxes left. We hope to have fewer with the entertainment unit put together and the computer desk set up. Still have some boxes of books (not counting my four long comic boxes in the closet), so we will probably get a small bookcase for the living room.

That's it for now, but I'm going to try to post some stuff over on Shot's Shack later, just so folks skimming that will have something new.

No comments: