Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not a whole heck of a lot to add since last time. Still sending out resumes and contacting various places for employment. Fingers crossed that something will turn up soon.

Donna and I both passed out California driver's exam this past week. Not a surprise for Donna, who used to live here, but I was delighted to only miss three questions out of the 36 on the test. You could get six wrong, so I guess I did a bit better than some other folks with whom I'll be sharing the roads.

Speaking of which, we also got our second car. We bought an extra car from Donna's younger sister & her husband, so we now have the Vue and an SL2 (both Saturns). This is actually the fifth Saturn we've owned, two of which we traded in and the other I drowned. (If I haven't told that story in a while, let me know!)

Believe it or not, I actually had to put on long pants for the first time (not counting for interviews) yesterday, as it was a bit chilly. I've been living in t-shirts & shorts since we moved out here and I've gotten a bit spoiled by that.

I don't think I mentioned this last time out, but I've gotten back in touch with an old shipmate of mine from my second Navy hitch. Jeff K. tracked me down via the 'net and after speaking on the phone a few times we've made plans to actually get together next weekend. I can't wait! Jeff and I were very close when we served on the USS Waddell together in San Diego during the mid-70s. Sadly we lost track of each other, briefly connecting in the '80s but then not staying in touch. Hope this time things work out differently, as we have twenty plus years of ex-wife stories to swap. :-)

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Hey, am I allowed to vet any of those ex-wife stories? :)