Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hey! Did you miss me?

The past week has been pretty hectic as you can imagine, so blogging has pretty much dropped from my activity list. Once we get our own computer up and running I’ll try to get back to posting on a regular basis. I’m typing this on the apartment complex computer in the “library”. I also had to put together an updated resume and a couple of sample flyers for a five-minute presentation I had to give at an interview. I suppose I should be happy to have this at my disposal to begin with.

While our car was shipped ahead, and Kristina even met us at the airport with it, our furniture and most of our belongings still won’t be out here for at least a week. I don’t even want to get into that, since we are pretty upset. Fortunately, we had planned on buying a lot of stuff once we got here to begin with, but still our bed, computer, television sets and the majority of our clothing, etc. are just now making their way cross country.

The three of us (me, Donna & Babie) survived our flight out on Jet Blue. The tranquilizers we gave Babie worked just fine and the Benedryl the vet recommended also helped her with the flight. I wish I had been that calm and got to sleep the entire flight. Donna also slept, while I drank coffee and watched several episodes of BAND OF BROTHERS on the History Channel.

I’ll let you know more about how things went when I get a chance. Right now I want to check out some job sites, but I just wanted to let you know that we’re doing okay.

No comments: