Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Donna and I were watching NCIS (one of our favorite shows) last night when she spotted a few helicopters in the distance. From were we were in Dyker Heights you could see at least four copters, with one especially low and circling. We couldn't figure out what was happening until we caught the 10:00pm news on Fox 5. As some of you now know there was a near riot going on in Borough Park, where Orthodox Jews were setting fires and confronting the NYPD. Appears some officers may have gotten a bit rough with an elderly man who they had stopped for using a cell phone while driving. We'll probably never know the 'real truth' at this point as both sides are giving slightly different versions of events.

I was sitting in my office earlier working on the up-coming Annual Leave schedule when I happened to look out the window. I had heard them talking about a wintry mix, but was surprised to see large flakes of snow actually beginning to cover the ground and parked cars. The past weekend was absolutely beautiful here, so I didn't expect this. Then again, I can recall a few times where we have had flurries on Easter!

No comments: