Monday, January 09, 2006

Less than a week to go until our cruise, but it looks like it's going to be a hell of a one here at the Library.

We're finishing up the major renovations of our new Children's room and visits from various admin types are almost daily. Today I'm expecting my Regional supervisor, plus somebody from "government affairs" (I think the division is called) who wants to interview & take my picture for an upcoming newsletter on the local Friends of the Library. I keep reminding myself that a week from today I'm going to be in the Cayman Islands slamming back rum drinks and trying not to get a second degree burn.

On a political note, I don't think anybody will be surprised when Alito walks away from the Senate hearings a bit roughed up. On the other hand, it shouldn't surprise anybody when he is easily voted in to sit on the Supreme Court and hands over complete dictatorial power to His Smugness. Don't count on elections in 2008!

No comments: