Friday, November 12, 2004

Perhaps there is some justice in the world, and the family of Laci Peterson can take some comfort in seeing the man held responsible for her death convicted. I think we can see appeals of the conviction, but I'd be very surprised if there is another trial.

I have my doubts about the death penalty in most cases, and in this case I think that Scott should spend the rest of his life sitting in prison thinking about what he did. Whether in a 'fit of passion' and then covering up the crime, or premeditated, he took the life of his wife, then continued an affair even as both his family and hers believed her missing or abducted. It seems to be that behavior, almost more than the murder itself, which has caused him to be reviled.

Up next: Robert Blake, innocent or guilty. Damn, but I love Court TV. :-)

No comments: