Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Now that I'm back to working for a public library, part of my job is 'readers advisory'. Since it is all but impossible to keep track of everything out there I can use every bit of help. Book Reporter is one of the resources that I use. It's geared towards both the lay and professional, so unlike some of the 'librarian' sites you don't need to know things about publishing and librarianship to understand what is going on.

Book Reporter has reviews, interviews, trivia and even contests aimed at the general reader, even allowing regular folks to review and talk about what they are reading at the moment. It's not the New York Times Book Review or the New York Review of Books, so the reviewers tend not to talk over the heads of the folks simply interested in seeing what might be out there.

I've added a link over to the left and hope that it may be useful, or at least entertaining.

No comments: