Monday, December 01, 2003

I don't know why I bother talking about what my plans are, since something always happens to change them. It looked as though Donna and I were going to be spending Thanksgiving alone, since she wasn't feeling well, but by Thursday morning she was feeling much better so we went into Brooklyn, as we had initially planned. Had a nice time with her family and went way beyond Wieght Watcher limits. We plan on rejoining after the holidays, but hope not to have gained too much since we'd been doing really well for the twenty weeks we'd been members.

Commercials fascinate me and (as others have said) can often be the most enjoyable part of some programs. Last night saw a fascinating cross-over, with the guy from Sprint appearing with the Pillsbury Doughboy. Loved when he asked to poke the little guy and the Doughboy, sort of with resignation in his voice, says something like, "Go ahead, everybody wants to." Not as bizarre as the STAR WARS tie-in with Burger King, Taco Bell and KFC, but it was certainly unexpected.

Oh, caught another one of those made-for-TV Christmas movies last night. Donna and I had seen "The Town That Cancelled Christmas" last year, so were surprised to find Peter Falk reprising his role as 'Max' in this years "Finding John Chrismas." This time out it's Valerie Bertinelli (looking a bit bloated) as a nurse searching for her long-lost brother (William Russ). Last time out Max aided Patricia Heaton (of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND) to 'discover the true meaing of Christmas'. I admit that I'm a sucker for this type of thing and can sit through some real drivel. Falk is the real reason to watch this, of course, and I expect (if his health remains good) that we'll see him pop up again in this role next holiday season.


No comments: