Tuesday, December 23, 2003

The fine folks over at the Center for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP) have a page where you can get rid of those unwanted 'chain letters', if you feel uneasy about simply deleting them. Called "Chain Letters Anonymous" this site allows you to forward the chain letter to "ten of your friends" with a simple click & drag. :-)

Even though I hate the things, and don't believe a word in them, I have to admit that there's sometimes a little voice in the back of my mind that says I should be careful and besides sending it along won't hurt anybody.

While there check out the page on Internet Hoaxes and the general CSICOP pages. While I'm not currently a member of the organization I still like to keep up on what their doing. I really want to recommend an article on how Larry King books a number of psychics and UFO-ologists on his show, all but promoting their unscientific programs. It's all for ratings, naturally, but still sad that CNN allows this type of thing on a show supposedly part of their 'news' department.

If I have a chance later, I'll post my latest Joe Bob Briggs review. Frankly, that particular book (The Jesus Thief) inspired me to get back into the habit of checking out the CSICOP site on a regular basis.

No comments: