Tuesday, April 01, 2003

So okay, the Mets stunk up the field and Roger "Sure I hit guys, but it's never my fault" Clemens tagged one of the Toronto Blue Jays. Meanwhile, my beloved Red Sox got beat by the Devil Rays. It's just the second day of the season and it is snowing outside!

Two quick comments while I'm thinking about it.

The bio-pic RUDY, wasn't as bad as it could have been. Hats off to James Woods for actually making the ex-Mayor of New York ALMOST likeable in a few sections of the film. If nothing else, the movie showed how self-centered and often mean spirited Guilliani could be.

I lived in Brooklyn during Rudy's terms as Mayor, as well as several years under Ed Koch and the likeable, if inept David Dinkins. The movie portrayed the man as I remember him. He truly loved the city, but had little but contempt for many of the citizens. In the end, he was indeed "the right man at the right time" for New York after 9/11. I don't think we have seen the last of him!

I'll try to have a few more words tomorrow about THE CORE, but just let me state that I was pleasantly surprised.

So! Will Donald Rumsfeld be the scapegoat in this whole thing? Is the Administration even now trying to distance George W. from the blunders that may well cause the deaths of many more American soldiers and Iraqi civilians? Will this Bush claim to be 'out of the loop' as his dad was during Iran/Contra? Meanwhile, is Powell counting the days before he can step down and begin rebuilding his own reputation? Stay tuned!


No comments: