Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It hardly seems possible that I have been working here in Orange for five years. Yeah, okay sometimes it seems forever, but the point is that the past five years have certainly been interesting. Of course, it was also a surprise to realize that I was with Brooklyn Public for over fourteen years and at the University of New Haven for four. You find yourself in a routine and just keep going through whatever changes are happening around you.

It is equally shocking to recall that in August, Donna and I will have been in California for six years. As with OPL, it seems like longer some days, while on others I have to remind myself that I don't need a return ticket to NYC. We're here for keeps!

Got nothing to add or report, but I did want to get that out of my system. The City of Orange actually gave me a certificate and I got to shake hands with the Mayor and City Council yesterday. Certainly something I never got to do back in Brooklyn.

Ya know, I kind of like it here. :-)

No comments: