Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Donna finalized our plane tickets for this Friday, so all that's left to do is pack. We're flying out of John Wayne Airport on a 'red eye' for JFK. It will be nice to see Donna's family and some friends for a few days before heading back here.

It's weird, as I may have said before. It is still sometimes surprising for me to look around and realize that we are actually living in California. Just a few years ago it was something we talked about doing 'one day' but now we are actually here and just going to New York to visit. I'm happy to see the reservations call for a round-trip. :-)

I have a class in Microsoft Office '07 later today, which I'm not thrilled about. I have a feeling it will just confuse me more than I already am, but it's not like I have a choice. All out computers are being updated in the next few weeks, plus we are planning on upgrading the public PCs later this year. I feel ignorant enough about some of the things folks want to do on the computer without the additional headache of learning a new system. Oh, well!

Probably have a few more comments later tonight, since I'm working.

I was saddened to learn of Ted Kennedy's medical problem. It really doesn't look good, but my fingers are crossed and I'm hoping for the best. I don't believe that he is up for election until 2010, but it would not surprise me to find that his doctors and family may push for him to retire perhaps after the November elections.

No comments: