Saturday, July 01, 2006

"It was twenty years ago today...."

Well, it was actually twenty years ago yesterday, but things were pretty hectic at work and I didn't have a chance to post. Still I didn't want a very important date in my life to go unnoticed.

On June 30, 1986 I was hired as a Librarian Trainee by the Brooklyn Public Library. After spending most of the day at Grand Army Plaza filling out forms and getting a brief indoctrination, I found myself at the Sunset Park branch of the library meeting Susan Raboy & Made Kiner, who would shepherd me through my first six months.

I can't begin to tell you the things that have happened over those twenty years. Good and bad, but leading me to where I am today for better or worse. :-)

Hats off to Ms. Raboy & Kiner for the friendship and guidance through everything that has happened.

No comments: