Thursday, June 29, 2006

Haven't had much to say about politics or other socially important issues of late, so I thought I'd mention a few things which I've noted recently.

Nice to see the Supreme Court show a bit of backbone, despite the packing of GOP faves. I'm sure those same Republican talking heads who spoke highly about the Justice's decision on the Texas redistricting, will now jump on them for not backing His Smugness on the Gitmo trials.

Do we really need to see Britney Spears all prego on the cover of a magazine? Of course, I felt the same way years ago about Demi Moore on showing all at Vanity Fair, so I'm probably in the minority.

Seems the Congress has snuck themselves another 'cost of living' raise, while denying again an increase in the Federal minimum wage. Meanwhile the Iraq War continues and the same Chicken Hawks get closer to an amendment banning flag burning. We'd all be much safer believe me, knowing you anarchists were finally put in your place!

Not sure if I'll be around for the November elections here in NY, but I'm probably going to vote for anybody who runs against Hillary in the Democratic primary. I'd like to see a 'real' Democrat stand up to her. Come the election, if I'm still eligible, I'll probably vote for HC just to ensure somebody with a Democratic label sitting in both NY seats.

I know any comments I make regarding Israel would just get me in trouble, so I'll only say that things seem to be getting worse there for all concerned.

No comments: