Thursday, March 30, 2006

With everything else going on, both at work and home, I'd totally let an anniversary go by without notice.

Twenty years ago last month I moved into Apt. 3-Eye in Brooklyn following an early release from the U.S. Navy. A month later, which would be about twenty years ago last week, I began working a series of Temp jobs. One of those, which became permanent for several months, was as a file clerk for a law firm situated on the 53rd floor of one of the World Trade Center towers.

It has been a strange & eventful twenty years, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Elayne said...

That's Apartment Third Eye to you. :) I still remember how Phredd imprinted on you the minute you walked in. To tell you the truth, though, I really don't miss that 1-bedroom apartment all that much, although the Coney Island Ave. location was sure nice!

Steve Chaput said...

I knew it was Third Eye, but didn't catch it when I reread my post. Go there now and it's hard to believe it is the same place, what with a McDonald's right next to it and all.

Babie seems to have imprinted on me in much the same fashion, but Phredd was just a special rat-faced, pink-nosed, brain-damaged kitty.