Monday, March 27, 2006

Enjoyed a good time yesterday, despite a sprained wrist, at a Christening party for the twins. Megan and Daniel were both baptized into the Catholic Church yesterday about a hundred folks were on hand to join in at the party after. If I remember I'll probably post a couple of pictures here in the next day or two, since the kids were on best behavior for most of the day.

Still haven't heard back from California, so my spirits needed the cheering up. We continue to remain hopeful that I'll get a phone call later this week, but I'm still sending out resumes to other California libraries.

I was lucky this morning that my commute wasn't affected by the sinkhole and subway tunnel collapse in Bay Ridge. It only caused problems on the "R", which I rarely take now that I'm working in Ridgewood. Fortunately, except for one SUV which all but disappeared into the hole, nobody was injured as the driver escaped unhurt.

2 comments:

Elayne said...

I thought of you immediately when I heard about that water main collapse. I didn't realize it was a sinkhole and subway tunnel collapse as well! I didn't realize you don't take the "R" any more...

Steve Chaput said...

Since my transfer to Ridgewood I take the "N" to the "M". Surprisingly it's usually a shorter commute in the morning and I've actually made it in about an hour a couple of times.