Friday, March 03, 2006

This is a long distance dedication for Michelle at Forest Hills. The closest thing I have to Mountain Men.

The guy on the Left was going through a divorce from a former artist model and cult member. The guy on the right, Rob, was just beginning to tour the pro circuit in the then new sport of motorcross. The unseen photographer, my shipmate Jeff, would go on to do FX and makeup for the likes of Roger Corman and in films like THE HOWLING.

This was taken in 1975 in the desert near, I would later learn, the Spawn Ranch hang out of the Manson Family. At the time there were still rumors of (and folks searching for) stashes of arms and supplies buried by the Family for the coming "race war."

Within an hour of this picture being taken, fueled by large quantities of beer and Jack Daniels, one of these individuals would begin the game of tossing live ammunition into the fire.

And you wonder why I am often amazed to find myself living to the age of 55?

No comments: