Thursday, November 10, 2005

Unlike some folks, I generally don't speak about my job here at the blog. Generally, it's just boring samo-samo stuff, so wouldn't be of interest to anyone. Also, I know at least a couple of folks I work with who will occasionally peek in here, so it's best if I keep a lot of stuff to myself. :-)

Anyway, it looks as if I didn't get the promotion I interviewed for the other week, but I can't say I'm surprised. The position probably should have gone to someone with experience running a smaller agency before stepping up. I did a stint as 'acting' Branch Librarian back in Brooklyn years ago, but the way things are run here in Queens are different enough so that that might not have qualified me for the move up. If nothing else, submitting my name will make Human Resources aware of my interest in a jump.

At this point it's probably best to wait until after the New Year, since not only is Forest Hills being scheduled for a renovation but I have my Annual Leave set for January. Donna and I are taking another cruise together with friends, so I'd rather not have any problems with those particular dates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind my commenting on something entirely unconnected to your post, but I couldn't see an e-mail link on the blog.

I just came across the review you wrote of Dawn Crescent a year ago for the Joe Bob Briggs site, and I wanted to thank you for it. I sent that book and another one to JBBriggs and kept looking for a review on his site but never saw one. This was a pleasant surprise. Thanks again.

BTW, my e-mail address is david@dvorkin.com.