Wednesday, November 30, 2005

So His Smugness is going to announce "Mission Accomplished" again, right? Then we'll begin withdrawing our forces over the next couple of years, so that the issue of Iraq won't adversely effect the Republicans in the mid-term elections. Am I correct here, or am I just being overly cynical?

Also, as a Progressive, how am I supposed to feel about this? I was against this war in the first place and certainly feel that we should not have invaded Iraq, especially with no plan once we got to Baghdad. Now, sadly, you have to wonder if just cutting the troops by a certain percentage is doing the right thing. What about those remaining behind? What about the destruction of the infrastructure of an entire nation?

Oh, and I see that Christopher Hitchens thinks we should remain as we have in Afghanistan. There's another reason to back an immediate withdrawal.

No comments: