Thursday, July 07, 2005

While I certainly don't want to make light of the tragic bombings this morning, it was certainly fortunate that those responsible didn't take advantage of the celebrations in Britain last evening. The throngs of folks out celebrating the awarding of the 2012 Olympics to London would have been a prime target for such a group. My guess is that they already had plans in place for today's action and could not change them suddenly.

Naturally the press had their reporters aiming cameras and microphones at New Yorkers trying to go about their daily transit. Again, the folks going in to the MTA stations said they could not and would not change their plans. Donna actually wanted to drive me to work today, I told her not to bother, but I did promise to call as soon as I got to the library.

Frankly, the MTA itself is the biggest threat to my daily commute! The daily trip to Forest Hills should usually take me about an hour & fifteen minutes, but has taken me over two hours the last few days. It always seems to be "signal problems". Maybe they should just have a few guys with red & green flags waving from each station.

No comments: