Saturday, July 16, 2005

I'm not in San Diego this year, obviously, but we'll see about 2006. Donna had initially wanted me to plan my vacation to coincide with the convention, but I think we both needed the earlier time off.

Now that I'm not actively involved in fandom or a member of Friends of Lulu, I'm just one of the nameless fanboys who would drift around. I'm not even reading any comics regularly so I'd probably be hitting the various panels rather than haunting the dealer's room.

If anybody reading this is out in San Diego, I hope you enjoy yourselves and find whatever it is for which you're searching. Also, don't miss the costume contest if you can help it! If you happen to be a member of Capa-Alpha (the oldest continuing comics apa) toast all of those who couldn't make it this year.

If you aren't going, word is that New York City will finally get a major comics convention again in 2006. While Big Apple is fine it will be nice to see a really major event in the city which is still home for a good part of the industry.

No comments: