Monday, September 20, 2004

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the Bush National Guard memos turned out to be fake. As Al Franken said earlier today, it's another demonstration of the mainstream jumping on anything in hopes of a story, especially an 'exclusive' one. Unfortunately, it will allow the Republicans to further obscure the actual facts of Bush's failure to complete his NG service in a proper manner.

As I've said before, I'm continually amazed that G.W. remains so popular, at least according to some polls. However, I read a recent article which pointed out that the various polling companies may be falling behind the times. At this point there are many folks who do not have 'regular' phones in their homes. They use only their cell phones or are hooking up with the new internet phone services. This fact immediately eliminates all these fine folks from being contacted by pollsters. You probably have more and more folks who are using their answering machines to screen any & all calls, thereby cutting down on the number of households available for polling. Just an interesting item I thought I'd pass along.

Donna and I didn't do much this past weekend. The horrible weather on Saturday kept us inside. Also, STARZ had one of the 'free weekends' so we took advantage and caught a half dozen films we missed in the theatres.

No comments: