Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I was listening to Al Franken at lunch and enjoyed, among other bits, how he points out that Tom Ridge has indeed politicized the Dept. of Homeland Security. How can anyone take Ridge and his pronouncements seriously any longer? "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and all that. If they announced that planes were inbound at this point I doubt if most Americans would even look up! The "Oy, Oy, Oy Show" is always worth a listen.

Could someone explain to me how G.W. can remain so popular with a large segment of the American people? I'm not saying that I'm overjoyed with Kerry, but he is certainly preferable to another four years of the borderline incompetents in the Administration.

On a non-political/personal note: Don't you think that fitness centers, especially those where most if not all of the members are female would have curtains or blinds on the windows? Not that I'm really complaining, mind you, but it is distracting when I sit here at the Reference Desk and see the ladies working out. :-)

No comments: