Sunday, August 01, 2004

Boy, I don't even now if I remember how to do this blogging stuff after being away. I just haven't felt like joining in on anything lately and probably wouldn't have had anything worth adding if I had.

Tomorrow (8/2), I'll be heading to Queens to begin my new job. Well, to be honest I'm going to spend the day at the Queens Borough Central Library filling out forms and going through orientation. They won't even tell me where I'll be assigned until later, so my first actual work day will probably be Tuesday. I'll keep you updated on where they have me.

I have mixed feelings, naturally, since I have already worked in a public library and it would not have been my first choice. Still, I do know the job and shouldn't have much difficulty getting back into the routine.

The benefits are pretty good and I'll be back in the New York State pension system, in which I'm already vested.

Hopefully, with a 'normal' routine beginning again I may be able to once again start posting on a regular basis. It will be interesting to toss in a thing or two about the coming election, that is unless the Adminstration decides that national security would be harmed by such a shift in power and aborts (pardon the expression) the voting.

Oh, it should be a fun few months!

No comments: