Thursday, August 12, 2004

Donna and I decided to spring for DirectTV,which was installed yesterday morning. The commercials on cable turned out to be right and we had some problems last night with the thunder storms. The interference seemed to be when the storm was heading in our direction, but stopped once it actually began raining. Picture quality is as good or better than with Time-Warner Cable.

We've barely begun checking things out, so I don't have much to report. We actually ended up watching the same stations we had been viewing with basic cable (Bravo, ComedyCentral & Channel 2 (the CBS flag station in NYC). I'll probably have more to say when I've had the chance to check things out. We went with the basic package, with the 'local station' option, so we don't have HBO, Showtime or the sports fanatic stuff. Frankly, most of the stuff we watch are on the major networks anyway.

It is nice to have some of the stations we've missed since moving back to Brooklyn, as the Time-Warner package we had didn't include two of our favorites. Donna and I both love ANIMAL PLANET, and enjoyed some of the shows on GAME SHOW NETWORK (now called simply, GSN). I had been looking forward to checking out TRIO, but according to Mark Evanier we won't be having it for long. When Donna isn't around (since she's not a fan of animation), I'll probably check out the various cartoon stations. She's more into Discovery Health, since her background is in the medical field.

I expect to have some time to play around this coming weekend, so I'll let you know if anything catches my eye.

No comments: