Wednesday, February 15, 2012


I really should know better than to get into political stuff in my blogs, since not everyone who reads them are union loving, progressive, agnostics. In fact, not even my own family and good friends agree with me a good part of the time and I've learned to keep quiet about a lot of things. Still it is nice to have a place where I can rant and not bother Donna by yelling at the television.

In my humble opinion, as bad as the past year was in Washington and in the media, the countdown to Election Day (and probably way past then) is going to be even worse. The GOP has made it clear since Obama won in '08 that their one & only job was to ensure the man was a one-term President. It doesn't matter if they block even things they themselves once tried to pass or that the majority of the American public thinks they doing a horrible job. All they can focus on is creating an atmosphere so poisoned that only the most toxic swamp dwellers are voting in their caucuses and primaries. The candidates they are voting for would be a joke in any other election year, yet this is the 'best' the Republican Party can come up with. Mitt Romney (or as he is known in Chez Chaput: The Anti-Christ) is the kind of guy you fear sitting next to on a long flight. Newt Gingrich is a serial-adulterer and was tossed out of the Congress he lead for years. Rick Santorum avows some strange form of Catholicism that I certainly don't recognize from my youth growing up in the church. Ron Paul is...well, Ron Paul!

This is probably not the last time I rant here about all this and frankly I've kept it shorter than I had originally intended. All this stuff makes me angry and after a while I just want to get back to talking about comics & zombies.

Catch you all later!

No comments: