Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Well, things are nasty out here this week, at least weather-wise. We have had rain on & off since Sunday night. The worst hit areas were those that suffered fires late last year. Currently (2:05pm PST) there is a tornado warning in effect for the area of Laguna Beach, which isn't all that far from where we live. Donna called to tell me not to worry if I can't reach her later, but that doesn't ease my mind, of course.

Christina, one of our house guests over the weekend, left last night with only a short delay of her flight. Her mother, Fran, is scheduled to fly out tonight and her flight is still scheduled to depart on time. We'll see what happens and if she extends her visit.

Folks reading my Facebook posts already know that I attended the Jets/Chargers play-off game on Sunday. Pretty exciting for my very, first NFL game. Almost got in a fight, and I hadn't even had my first beer yet! Who knew that wearing a Brooklyn Cyclones ball cap would set off a drunken Chargers fan? Probably a good thing I didn't have on my Red Sox or Mets cap! I might not have made it out of the men's room in one piece. :-(

No comments: