Sunday, January 04, 2009


A very, happy belated New Year's to all of you. (Pardon any typos since, Babie, has now decided it's time to check out the keyboard.)

If anybody is still reading this blog (and I don't know more than a few), I want to apologize for not being here. As I mentioned a couple of months ago, my employer has changed the filtering system at work, making it impossible for me to write on a break. This leaves only weekends, since I never go online at home after work. I spend enough time doing research and reference, along with my reports, in the library and don't feel like typing when I get home.

I don't expect things to change, so the coming year will see even fewer posts here and on SHOT'S SHACK. Many of those will be when I upload YouTube videos and add comments. This is a way to get around the filter, until I find another way or set up another web page somewhere. It's a thought, believe me!

Donna and I had a nice holiday, spending Christmas with The Child and a few friends. Then, since I had a couple of weeks off, we took a four-night cruise for New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, I got sick and ended up quarantined in our cabin for 24-hours and watched the ball drop and shipboard activities from my sickbed.

*sigh*

Any of you who have known me for a while (and this would be most of you reading this) are aware that I have a short-attention span and my interests come and go. When I started blogging, I had so much to say that I began a second blog to spread things out and separate the political from the pop culture stuff. I seem to have hit a point where my interest in posting is in decline. As it was when I gave up on apa-hacking, I have come to a time when it seems more a chore to blog than fun. When that happens it time to step back.

Time for an admission (unless I've mentioned it before and forgotten). Another reason I am delinquent in posting and reading others is that I have a new addiction.

For the past month I have started playing the online RBG game KINGDOM OF LOATHING . Check it out, if you don't know it, or you can wait for me to write it up and post some of my experiences over on SHOT'S SHACK in the next week or so.

Take care and I'll try to stay in touch!

No comments: