Saturday, March 24, 2007

I want to take a moment to express my sympathy to Elayne Riggs at the passing of her father, Alex. While we were married, I did not always agree with Alex, but I do know he loved his daughter and wished only the best for her. In that way he was like all loving fathers in the way they think of their daughters.

I'll always remember the trips to Atlantic City, the rush to grab those particular machines in those early days. You have to know that years ago AC wasn't the 24/7 gambling showcase it is now, competing for high rollers with Las Vegas. Alex, and his wife Goldie, were our guides to Las Vegas when Elayne and I stayed with them for several days. I will not forget driving down the Strip that first night, totally amazed and thrilled to be there.

When I was with Alex, I often felt that I was a high school kid asking to take Elayne to the prom and not an already 30-something adult. Still I do have so many good memories of those years that he shall always remain with me.

Donna and I want to send our condolences to the Wechsler family on this sad occasion.

Goodbye, Alex. Hope you hit the jackpot!

No comments: