Monday, December 04, 2006

No interviews scheduled yet this week, but I'm having my fingerprints taken this Wednesday as part of the background check for both Orange County & Mission Viejo. I'll also start my training with OCPL next Monday, so that's a positive sign. Also, both the City of Carlsbad & Long Beach have informed me that I've gotten through the first phase and will be considered for full-time positions. Fingers remained crossed, if a bit numb.

One strange thing was that OCPL has you to take an 'oath' when you're hired. You have to swear (or affirm) that you'll uphold the Constitution against the usual suspects. It was like joining the Navy again and something I've never had to do for a civilian job before.

Once again, the fires you've read about are northeast of us and we're in no danger. On the other hand both rattlesnakes and cougars have been sighted in the Ladera Ranch area. Sadly, a coyote was struck and killed by a car about a half mile from here. Personally, all Donna and I have spotted have been the occasional rabbit in the early evenings out back.

Donna and I had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving with Marisa's family up north of here. In fact, rather near the areas now being threatened by the fires. We'll be returning the favor come Christmas with Donna doing the cooking honors at Kristina & Marisa's place.

Sorry, for not being a more regular poster lately. Once I have a job and more regular hours, I'm going to make an attempt to get here at least every few days. Speaking of which, I want to apologize for not keeping up on my blog scanning either. The only ones I seem to get to are by Elayne Riggs and Mark Evanier, plus Tony Isabella sends me his TOTs a few days early.

In case you're wondering, the seismic activity has been increasing the past few weeks. There have even been a couple of 4.0 events here in SoCal, but nothing to shake us out of bed yet. :-)

Seismo says:"Keep a flashlight in your nightstand."

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Hey Steve, please email me, I just realized I don't have any updated contact information for you (including your current e-address)...