Monday, November 06, 2006

Feel real good about today's interview, but we won't know for at least another week. I have two more scheduled this week. On the plus side, Donna will be starting her new job on the 20th.

Since everybody else in the blogosphere has made some prediction I might as well get in my two cents.

I expect the Democrats to be the majority in the House, but by not as much as we'd like to see. It will be difficult, should the GOP members vote as a bloc, to begin any serious investigations on just what has been going on in the Defense Dept. and the White House for the past six years. Also, you know that his Smugness and Master Dick will do all they can to obstruct any type of oversight into their actions.

Sadly, I don't believe the Dems will have quite enough seats to regain the Senate, although it will cut down on the clout of some GOP members. Given some moderates still among the Republicans I think that changes could be brought about unless the split is such that Master Dick has the deciding vote.

Here at Chez Chaput we'll be splitting our votes among Democrats, Greens and the Peace & Freedom Party. Actually, I'm the one going for Third Parties in those cases where I have decided to vote against any incumbent. We're also voting for some of the Propositions & Measure, against others. I won't bore you with which tonight.

Unless things look especially nasty early tomorrow evening (remember the three hour difference) from New York, I don't expect to have any comments until Wednesday. I just know that some of you will actually be interested. :-)

No comments: