Friday, October 07, 2005

Okay, I'm not going to go so far as to say the word 'conspiracy' but it does strike one (well, at least me!) that the subway terror threat coincided with the 1st NYC Mayoral debate. The same debate in Harlem that Mayor Bloomberg refused to attend. Now, of course, the debate is shoved to the middle pages, while Mikey gets the headlines.

Also, I'd like to know exactly how many New Yorkers out there have seen these random bag searches after the first week or so they were announced. Personally, at my local stop in Brooklyn we have never had one and I have only seen one police officer in the past month at my stop.

Last night, returning home to Brooklyn I never saw a police officer on either the "R" or "N" trains I took. This included a train change at 34th St in Manhattan. What I did see was the first Guardian Angel I've seen on a subway train in over a year. Yeah, I feel safer already!

No comments: