Friday, October 14, 2005

As tempting as it is to make jokes about needing an arc or the like, I'm not. Just wondering out loud how folks are dealing with all this. The subway (knock on wood!) hasn't been as bad as it could have been the past few days, but I'm not holding out much hope about tomorrow. The trains are generally messed up on Saturday to begin with and I'm certainly not expecting that to change.

The only problem we have had at the house is some leaks around the airconditioning unit in my mother-in-law's bedroom. When the wind is 'just right' water coming from the next door neighbor's drain sprays over and gets through the window guard. Towels seem to be keeping anything from being damaged.

Having lost one car myself due to stupidly trying to drive through three & a half feet of water, I have sympathy for those poor bastards you see on television in just that situation. Donna and the rest of the family always bring my 'accident' up whenever possible, so I've learned to find the humor in it after a few years. Just a word of warning to you drivers out there: "It really is deeper than you think!"

No comments: