Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Figured it was about time to weed out some of the links I've had over on The Left. Not that these are still valid, nor does my removing them an indication that I no longer agree with the sites. I simply found that I had way too many and in some cases haven't gone to check these sites since originally posting them. If I'm not that interested, why should any of you take the time?

On the political front, I'm going to vote this afternoon in the Democratic primary in New York City. I live in Brooklyn and there are a few folks who'll be getting my vote. I am most certainly NOT voting for the endorsed candidate of my (for lack of the better term) Union. Apparently somebody is looking for a position in the next Bloomberg administration so Those In Power have thrown DC 37 behind Mayor Mike.

Not that I've NEVER voted for a Republican but I'm certainly not going to vote for someone for whom I have not a bit of respect. I keep hearing how popular he is and frankly, among the folks I speak to, none of them seems happy with him. I'm not talking about fellow Liberal/Progressives here, but some conservative and independent voters as well. I some how get the feeling that many folks seem to feel that they owe Bloomberg their vote by the reason that he happened to be the mayor as we moved past 9/11. While we're on the subject, we should also remember that in all probability he would not have won that initial election if he did not stand in the shadow of Rudi at the time. Bloomberg likes to remind us about 9/11, although he isn't disgusting enough to show photos of the site as the Presidential candidate he endorsed last year felt obliged to.

Just my two cents, of course!

No comments: