Friday, September 09, 2005

According to an article from Reuters this morning the President has signed an 'executive order' which would allow federal contractors to pay below standard wages to workers involved in the Katrina cleanup and recovery. Looks like some bad poll numbers and embarrasing revelations about the padded resume of the head of FEMA have NOT changed Standard Operating Procedure at the White House.

Sad that it has taken the deaths of hundreds (if not thousands) of Americans and the almost total destruction of several cities and towns to give the Democratic politicians some backbone.

On a personal note, someone very close to me may have to undergo an operation. I just want to take this moment to remind woman and men not to forego regular doctor's appointments and examinations. Also, don't forget that breast self-exams are an important step in discovering possible problems before they become more serious.

Originally, I was going to go on a rant about religion and the use of the term 'miracle' by lots of folks. Those of you who are familiar with my "beliefs" know that I have problems with all that. However, given the current situation and how faith does seem to help so many folks, I'm going to keep my big mouth shut for the time being.

Unless something major comes up later today, I just want to wish you all a safe weekend!

No comments: