Thursday, June 14, 2012

Been a while but I wanted to catch you up once more. Looks like the Library will be expanding hours and trying to move a bit more into the modern era by offering eBooks to our patrons. My understanding is that, prior the recontruction of the new building the system did have eBooks for a period. It will be interesting to see the circulation of these items once word gets out. Staff has been asked to refrain from downloading any in order to give our patrons the opportunity. Things are always in flux here so it's never sure what is going to happen in the future. As is always the case, you have to prepare for anything. Remember to keep those resumes updated, kids! Hate to sound like I'm so down, but we all have to face reality. On a more positive note, Donna and I are heading to Vegas next week to meet up with the Stoffos. Some others may join us, but that seems up in the air at the moment, so I'm not going to jinx things by saying anything. We've gone back and forth about whether to fly or drive, but the prices of airline tickets is a joke, plus the hassle of either taking a shuttle to the airport or parking for several days. As of now we're going to drive and I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't annoy Donna and end up walking across the desert. If you are keeping up with my Facebook and Twitter posts you probably have a better idea of things anyway, so nothing else needs to be said. Anyway, after Vegas the next big thing is heading down to the San Diego Comic Con in July. Only able to get a one day pass for Sunday, due to the wonderful new ticketing program the Con has in effect. It gets worse each year and not better, so I may just begin skipping the whole thing entirely. I enjoyed Wonder Con and liked the Long Beach Comic Con, so I may just go to those from this point on. San Diego may have grown too big and too much of a hassle for older fans like myself. Unless you are more into media (other than comics) or already a pro there isn't a need to attend. I mean if you aren't going to have fun why bother? I'll try to remember to get back with a Vegas report and maybe other things in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, look for me on Facebook. I can still afford a few more friends.

No comments: