Saturday, March 21, 2009


Does it even pay, considering how seldom I post now, to get into the AIG thing? I mean everybody else has been going on for the past week or so and I imagine they'll continue. There's certainly nothing I can add that hasn't already been said by folks far wiser or far dumber (pick whichever group you think I fall into).

On the other hand, if you DO care what I think about it, I'm leaning (at least today) in the direction of allowing AIG to fade from existence. This whole 'too big to fail' bulls*** doesn't work for me anymore. If the company is that large then it should not have been allowed to become so. Since it is it must be broken down in to smaller units and those that are profitable, or at least doing what they are supposed to, be sold off. Otherwise, let's just nationalize the friggin' thing and get it over with. Why assume the debt and not reap the eventual profits, if any?

You're welcome to damn or praise me for that rant, as I'm sure some of you will.

For the half dozen of you I consider friends, you'll be happy to know that things are going well out here. The down part is that Donna hasn't been feeling well the past week and she'll be seeing a doctor to try and get to the bottom of it all. We're actually looking around for a new doctor or two, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

The birds are quickly wearing out their welcome and may find themselves released to see how Babie deals with them. hehe

Just kidding, although it is amazing how frackin noisy two tiny birds can be!!

Oh, I caught WATCHMEN yesterday and will be trying to write a quick review to post over on Shot's Shack later. Bottom line: Four stars and a big, blue penis!

No comments: