Saturday, February 21, 2009

I forgot to post the picture I took of Babie watching Guide & Scout, but will try to do so in the next few days. She is still fascinated by her two new roommates, but has never tried to get at them. The birds have become pretty used to their new home and can be heard arguing a good part of the day over who gets the swing. It's quite a lively household.

My beloved will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow, but we have no plans. She was offered dinner, but she declined so we'll be staying home. I might get take-out, and we'll catch the Oscar telecast. Not that we have seen more than one or two movies and only one that has any nominations. Still it should be fun seeing how Hugh Jackman handles the hosting job. He has performed that function at the Tony's, but this is a slightly less sophisticated crowd, so I'm sure we'll get Wolverine/X-Men references and a joke or two about Australia.

On the political front I'm not going to say a word. Everybody else has bashed or praised the decisions of the Obama adminstration thus far, so I doubt there is much I can add either way. I'm almost at the point where I'm thinking of taking a break from watching anything but the local news and weather, plus sports again once actual exhibition games start.

Hope you all are doing well and staying out of trouble! I do have an e-mail address so feel free to drop me a line.

No comments: