Tuesday, October 02, 2007


I'm on mailing lists for Major League Baseball, as well as both the Red Sox & the New York Mets.
It was amusing, but still sad, to get a letter yesterday from the Mets front office apologizing for their collapse. When the owners of a team are so brutally honest and feel it necessary to make a public apology you know changes are afoot. Still it appears they are going to keep Willie Randolph as manager. Personally, I have always liked Randolph and don't lay total blame on him for the miserable final weeks of the season Fingers crossed for next year.

I thought that with leaving Brooklyn it would be safe to take my Red Sox cap out of storage. However, seeing at the Beantowners are coming to SoCal to face the Angels I'm not sure if driving around with a big red "B" on my head is the smart thing to do. We'll see what happens during the first two games at Fenway.
As for the apparent most important story in America today.... Did you ever think that you might actually find yourself feeling some sympathy for Britney?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse; you could have been here for the Mets collapse...I thought they should have fired Randolph (when else would you fire a manager?). Figers crossed for next year.

Joe

Steve Chaput said...

I feel badly for Mets fans, but overjoyed to see the Damned Yankees lose one the other night.

Boston is now up 2-0 and things are looking good for a sweep. Still not going to wear that Red Sox cap here in SoCal.