Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It appears to be a battle between bird lovers (re: dirty disgusting birds, I might add) and cat lovers in Wisconsin. Whose side is PETA on this time? :-)

Apparently residents in that state are being asked to allow 'licensed kill...um, hunters' to shoot cats in order to cut down on the population.

Seriously, I can't believe that there are ...okay, I take that back...I'm NOT surprised that there are actually people out there who would like to have open season on kitty cats. The answer, in my humble opinion, is to spade or neuter the animals (capturing them when you can and releasing if necessary, although adoption would be preferable) thereby keeping the future feline population under control.

I think allowing folks to shoot the animals opens up all sorts of horrific possibilities. The murder of household pets, to name just one.

2 comments:

Elayne said...

If you spade them (i.e., hit them with a spade), they could wind up just as dead. I think it's probably better to SPAY them. ;)

Steve Chaput said...

I actually did know that, but made the mistake of posting in a hurry before work. Guess the Spell Check wouldn't have helped either, huh?

I will admit that there have been moments, generally at around 4:30am, when the idea of spading Babie doesn't sound all that bad! :-)