Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Well, we actually did it! Donna and I went to our first Weight Watchers meeting, signed up for one of the programs and picked up all sorts of freebies. As time goes by I'll keep you informed.

In case you're wondering I weighed in at 255.4 lbs. To be honest, I've actually been more than that at times, so I was surprised that it wasn't higher. I know that I'll never be down to what they say is the 'ideal' weight, since I don't think I was at that point except during my early Navy days. Then you had to maintain a certain 'body fat' ratio and be able to do other physical activities, or be put through a special program. It was easier to keep to a certain weight when you had that 'incentive.' :-)

As I said to Donna, I think the meetings will get to me before the dieting. I've never been comfortable in groups of folks I don't know and certainly would not feel good about talking about my diet, etc. to a bunch of strangers. I understand the whole motivational ascpect of the meetings, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes during some of it. Like I said I'll keep everyone abreast of how things are going.

Today is going to be a bitch, since I have to start keeping track of my 'points' as I plan each meal. *sigh* The whole point thing is going to be a pain.

No comments: